Brooklyn, New York

I have sought services from Theratorials/Urbane Academics since the beginning of Nov.and after playing cat and mouse over email finally get the owner by the name of Nzingha West in Dec.!

She runs down what Theratorials offer and how they align to the common core which sound like music to my ears. After paying in advance for an "assessment" and tutotoring in the amount of $240. Ms. West only showed up once to do the "assessment" and collect money (of course).

I am still owed services in the amount of $120 to which I contacted through email, phone, and base camp (which is an app which is supposed to give you updates on your child's progress, but no progress put up on my child's assessment). I receive an email saying they show up to complete the services on Dec. 9th and 11th, but never showed up!

Since then Ms. West has ignored every form of contact from me in order to avoid returning my payments which I repeatedly asked for.

Theratorials policy is no refunds of child is pulled out or misses sessions which I did neither. Nzhinga West did not show up at given dates with no prior warning and no follow up till this day. I have researched Theratorials under Nzingha West and found out that she has another organization by the name of Urbane academics.

This organizations has similar complaints in the BBB and yelp.This particular pattern of no contact after being given funds are the signs of scamming practices

Had an Experience with Urbane Academics?

Comments

#1121900

Nzingha West is a fraud.She steals your credit card and purchases fraudulent charges.

She also likes to use the car accident excuse as her reason for not showing up on day of your appt.

She belongs in prison for using childrens needs to steal.

to Anonymous Brooklyn, New York, United States #1184373

In court proceedings with her and will use all channels to get her exposed. I suggest you do the same if you were scammed by her.

Shes a scam artist