Review about Urbane Academics Tutoring Services from Brooklyn, New York

I have sought services from Theratorials/Urbane Academics since the beginning of Nov.and after playing cat and mouse over email finally get the owner by the name of Nzingha West in Dec.!

She runs down what Theratorials offer and how they align to the common core which sound like music to my ears. After paying in advance for an "assessment" and tutotoring in the amount of $240. Ms. West only showed up once to do the "assessment" and collect money (of course).

I am still owed services in the amount of $120 to which I contacted through email, phone, and base camp (which is an app which is supposed to give you updates on your child's progress, but no progress put up on my child's assessment). I receive an email saying they show up to complete the services on Dec. 9th and 11th, but never showed up!

Since then Ms. West has ignored every form of contact from me in order to avoid returning my payments which I repeatedly asked for.

Theratorials policy is no refunds of child is pulled out or misses sessions which I did neither. Nzhinga West did not show up at given dates with no prior warning and no follow up till this day. I have researched Theratorials under Nzingha West and found out that she has another organization by the name of Urbane academics.

This organizations has similar complaints in the BBB and yelp.This particular pattern of no contact after being given funds are the signs of scamming practices

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Urbane Academics Tutoring Services
Review category
review #762586

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Urbane Academics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 04 #1121900

Nzingha West is a fraud. She steals your credit card and purchases fraudulent charges. She also likes to use the car accident excuse as her reason for not showing up on day of your appt. She belongs in prison for using childrens needs to steal.

2 0 Reply

Jul 12 #1184373 Brooklyn, New York

In court proceedings with her and will use all channels to get her exposed. I suggest you do the same if you were scammed by her.

0 0 Reply

Feb 23 #1116531

Shes a scam artist

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Urbane Academics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Urbane Academics.
Filing a new complaint about